This is the blog of Laurence Eastham, the Editor of Computers & Law magazine and of this site. It comments on developments in IT law and IT applications in the areas traditionally covered by Computers & Law. There will also be occasional guest contributions from others. The views expressed here are personal views and in no way represent the views of SCL, its trustees or any other member of the Society.
- Horror Borealis and the Data Collection Disease (28/02/2014 10:56)
You have to feel sorry for GCHQ. They have been infected with a disease. Perhaps our supposed commitment to austerity can offer a cure.
- Virgin and the Red-hot POCA (28/01/2014 16:31)
A Court of Appeal judgment gives new impetus to moves to make draconian laws hit IP fraudsters hard
- Copyright, Organ-grinders and Monkeys (14/01/2014 17:06)
Is the EU Commission’s consultation on copyright the one that really matters?
- Defamation 2014: New Spot the Ball Competition (10/01/2014 10:46)
With most High Streets largely made up of betting shops and the Government intent on encouraging even more gambling, I thought it was time to get with the trend and have an exciting new competition on the SCL site with lots of chances to win £££s. I should mention though that there is no ball, and you may not actually win anything.
- Mitchell, Disciplined Litigation and Piers (18/12/2013 12:08)
A slight wander off IT topics into the realms where a little knowledge is a dangerous thing
- Internet Blocking and One-sided Argument (29/11/2013 13:08)
A spate of Internet blocking orders raises an issue about due process
- Nominet Consultations and Mince Pies (20/11/2013 16:09)
Nominet is going ahead with its plans for shorter domain names, although a consultation appears to have produced a two-thirds majority against. I am sure that they wanted it realIy.
- Monkeys, Dartboards and Predictions (11/11/2013 18:54)
Reviewing the predictions published on the SCL web site over the last few years suggests that nearly all of the next lot of predictions will be wrong. But don’t let that stop you from trying to get it right.
- Silly Terms and Conditions (13/10/2013 09:15)
An article in the FT has caused a bit of a stir and I wonder what SCL members think
- Run Down by a Hype Cycle (10/10/2013 13:52)
I am rather late to Gartner’s hype cycle for 2013 but it is all a bit frightening for those pedestrians among us who are struggling to keep up. I have some sympathetic suggestions for IT lawyers.
Printed from www.scl.org ( (c) The Society for Computers & Law)