This is the blog of Laurence Eastham, the Editor of Computers & Law magazine and of this site. It comments on developments in IT law and IT applications in the areas traditionally covered by Computers & Law. There will also be occasional guest contributions from others. The views expressed here are personal views and in no way represent the views of SCL, its trustees or any other member of the Society.
- The Briggs Report and Online Solutions (02/08/2016 12:41)
We now have a positive, thorough guide from Lord Justice Briggs. Now, let’s start the journey.
- A Good Luck Message to the New Information Commissioner (18/07/2016 13:33)
Monday 18 July is Elizabeth Denham’s first day in the job. I am wishing her good luck, and think she will need it, and suggesting a challenge that she might like to embrace
- The Digital Economy Bill (01/07/2016 13:45)
For clarity, I am talking about proposals for legislation, not the digital economy bill (damage assessment) that many would like to send to the Leave Campaign for payment
- From Reservation to Resolution on ODR: A Plea for Resources on Guidance and Information (20/05/2016 16:42)
Whatever the doubts, getting the introduction and implementation of ODR right is crucial and standing on the side-lines criticising won’t assist. But it can only be a help to the many if we look hard at the expensive support that has to go with it
- False, Fake and Facebook (09/03/2016 16:13)
Three unrelated developments show the disconnect between reality and the Internet’s version of it
- The Blockchain Conundrum: Call for Contributions (23/02/2016 13:58)
Laurence Eastham is looking for articles about legal aspects of blockchain and its applications
- Call for Contributions: GDPR Analysis (05/01/2016 14:41)
I am looking for ideas and contributions for a special issue of the magazine – or series of issues of the magazine – which will offer detailed analysis of the GDPR and Directive
- Can’t Be Bothered (23/12/2015 10:53)
If the European Commission can just ignore its deadlines …
- The Age Mess and Law Reform (15/12/2015 22:41)
It’s not just the age of data consent that needs resolving
- Predictions 2016: Late Invite and Some Thoughts (30/11/2015 05:26)
It is almost time to read expert predictions. You can still contribute. You almost certainly have better insights than the ones I offer here.
Printed from www.scl.org ( (c) The Society for Computers & Law)