News, Articles and Blogs
From this page you can browse and search all the content published by the SCL since 1998.
Free, open access to all the latest IT law developments
- Commission Proposal for an ePrivacy Regulation
- E-commerce: Prohibitions on Resale and Jurisdiction
- CJEU Ruling in Data Retention Cases
- Facebook, WhatsApp and Competition Investigation
- Apple and Tax
- Article 29 Working Party Guidelines: Data Portability
- Article 29 Working Party Guidelines: Lead Supervisory Authority
- Article 29 Working Party Guidance on Data Protection Officers
- SCL Essay Prize Launched
The latest ideas about IT law in practice written by leading thinkers and practitioners (mostly members only)
- Facebook, Illegality and the E-commerce Directive
- E-commerce: EC to Lower the Burdens of Cross-border Taxation
- Most Exponential Law Firms 2025
- Book Review: Robots in Law
- What Happened to My Contract?
- Filling the Evidence Gap: A Case for the Internet of Things?
- Book Review: ‘Uberworked and Underpaid’
- The Online Justice Experience in British Columbia
Read the latest views, insights and comments on all things IT law
- Predictions 2017.16 - Justin Dear
- Predictions 2017.12 – Graham Smith
- Predictions 2017.10 - Gideon Shirazi
- Predictions 2017.3 - Charles Christian
- Predictions Begin - John Yates
- Thoughts on the Tech Law Futures Conference
- Facebook and Admiral: A Real Cause for Concern
- Is the ICO Quietly Implementing the GDPR?
- News from the SCL Chair
- The Briggs Report and Online Solutions
- Storing the firm’s knowledge - is the document management system the right place?
- Smarter Documents
- New SCL Chair's Vision for the Future
Contents of the latest issue of C&L Magazine are listed below. To browse back issues, click the 'See All' link at the bottom
- Breyer: Dynamic IP Addresses as Personal Data
- CJEU Revisits Resale of Software
- Disrupting the Disruptors: The Uber Case and Employment
- Predictions 2017 – Tech Law and More
- The Secret Life of a 40-something year old
- Predictions re Communications and ISPs
- Predictions 2017 – Tech and More
- Product Liability and the Self-driving Car
- The Ins and Outs of Geoblocking
- Introducing Tals
- European Net Neutrality, at last?
- Building a Sustainable Legal AI Solution from the Inside Out
- Ghost of Tech Law Past
- Protecting Privacy Online: GDPR and e-Privacy Directive Revisited
- IT Integration in the NHS
- The Application of Information Technology
Published 1973? I think not. Must be 2002 or later. Nick Holmes, 10/01/2017 10:55:20
- What Happened to My Contract?
Thanks for this. I would have thought presence/absence of consideration might often be the determining factor for establishing intended legal effect. Do the cases or authors have a view on this? Christopher Mann, 09/01/2017 17:02:20
- GDPR Conundrums: Processing Special Categories of Data
Thank you for this article. I have had the same difficulty with the wording of Art. 36(1). The language used in Recital 84 is more helpful, however, stating that ' Where the [DPIA] indicates that processing operations involve a high risk which the control... Biddy Wyles, 05/01/2017 16:29:48
Printed from www.scl.org ( (c) The Society for Computers & Law)