Below is a list of all articles published on the site since 1998 (most recent first)
- Making Sense of the Australian Offshore Disclosure Rules 30/01/2015
Why do the Australian privacy rules matter to those operating outside Australia? Peter Leonard explains that the rules, while mainly of concern to Australian lawyers, might reach out and affect all those with clients operating with an ‘Australian link’.
- Technology Contracts: Creative Relationships Require Creative Agreements 27/01/2015
Olivia Whitcroft casts her eyes over standard terms and suggests a better way forward. She offers a mercurial warning: ‘If all you have is standard terms, everything looks like a fax machine’
- Latest EU Online Jurisdiction Ruling 23/01/2015
The CJEU has given judgment on a reference concerning copyright infringement and has confirmed that online infringements can be litigated wherever unauthorised copies are accessible. Alastair Shaw and Penelope Thornton explain.
- Shared Services: A Catalyst for Transformation 22/01/2015
Hinal Patel and Marcus Clayden explore the key issues for those considering a shared services centre.
- Social Media and Employment: Can Offensive Personal Tweets Justify Dismissal? 21/01/2015
Charles Wynn-Evans considers a recent decision of the Employment Appeal Tribunal and the guidance that may be drawn from it
- Social Media and Employment: On Yer Bike? 21/01/2015
Henrietta Watchorn reflects on a recent incident where a Twitter ‘joke’ fell flat
- Payments Information in the Real World: Peering through a Broken Text File 19/01/2015
Thomas Barker gives a special insight into the world of payments in an online world.
- The Data Retention and Investigatory Powers Act 2014 – Recent Developments 15/01/2015
On 17 July 2014 Parliament passed the Data Retention and Investigatory Powers Act 2014 (DRIPA). DRIPA has proved controversial. Its validity is subject to legal challenge while, at the same time, the Government proposes to widen its scope by amendments in the Counter-Terrorism and Security Bill currently before Parliament. Rosemary Jay reviews the current state of play and explains the background to DRIPA.
- EU Trade Secrets Directive 06/01/2015
Pearse Ryan and Niall Donnelly continue with their valuable series of articles covering the latest position on EU legislation. This article focuses on what businesses need to know about the Trade Secrets Directive and covers the latest developments.
- Cases Round-up 31/12/2014
Laurence Eastham reports on some recent judgments of interest to those practising IT law which are not covered more fully elsewhere in the magazine.
Printed from www.scl.org ( (c) The Society for Computers & Law)