Below is a list of all articles published on the site since 1998 (most recent first)
- Sanctions against Russia: Alert for IT Businesses 25/09/2014
The EU has formally enacted sanctions against Russia. They can affect IT companies and it is important to guard against breach. Brian Mulier and Roger Bickerstaff explain the current state of the EU sanctions and add a warning about the impact of the recent extension of the US sanctions for IT businesses.
- Addressing ‘New’ Challenges to ODR Implementation 24/09/2014
Darin Thompson continues his series of articles on online dispute resolution. In this third article in his series, he looks both at service channels and system design options before turning his attention to identity, confidentiality, privacy and security.
- German Government Proposes IT Security Act 22/09/2014
Joachim Scherer, Caroline Heinickel and Holger Lutz bring us up to date with a development in Germany that may colour EU-wide legislation
- Multi-vendor Outsourcing in Practice 19/09/2014
Multi-vendor outsourcings have become an established part of the central government contract landscape over the last few years. Roger Bickerstaff has worked on a variety of multi-vendor projects, advising both public sector customers and customers and private sector bidders. In this article, he uses his practical experience to identify some of the key issues that are emerging in the conduct of these procurement processes.
- E-disclosure: Knowing Value and Knowing Costs 19/09/2014
Hitesh Chowdhry and Tom Alexander offer some guidance for lawyers on how to budget for e-disclosure costs and what to consider when selecting an e-disclosure provider.
- Driving us from Distraction 17/09/2014
David Flint ponders on, and worries about, the Internet of Things and self-driving cars
- Uber: TfL and the Taxonomy of Taximeters 16/09/2014
Neil Brown examines the recent controversy over the taxi app ‘Uber’, and questions whether TfL’s decision in favour of Uber is a beneficial step for innovation.
- The Microsoft Dublin Warrant Case and Litigation Readiness 09/09/2014
Nick Rich considers one aspect of the recent controversial ruling affecting Microsoft servers in Dublin and suggests an approach to deal with it
- European Commission IT Procurement Information-gathering Exercise 09/09/2014
Pearse Ryan and Patrick McGovern flag up an important EU information-gathering exercise
- Legal and Procedural Aspects of ODR in a Justice System 08/09/2014
Darin Thompson continues his series of articles on online dispute resolution. In this second article in his series, he looks both at some conceptual matters affecting the foundation of the approach to ODR solutions and at some highly practical issues that flow from his preferred approach.
Printed from www.scl.org ( (c) The Society for Computers & Law)