Below is a list of all articles published on the site since 1998 (most recent first)
- Data Protection Developments: How to Cope 18/05/2015
If you have that Monday morning whenever you think about data protection reform, not just on Mondays, Andrew Cormack suggests ways to cope. A focus on current enforcement practice and the data protection principles is one option; quiet despair seems to be another.
- Cloud Computing: Export Controls and Sanctions 14/05/2015
Export controls and sanctions can be a trap for the unwary engaged in technology exports. But few think of the cloud as a risk area for breach of these orders and sanctions. Richard Tauwhare explains why you should take such risks to heart.
- Editorial 04/05/2015
Laurence Eastham gets excited about the future and worries about his sexist sins
- Cases Round-up 04/05/2015
This is Laurence Eastham’s summary of the cases reported on the SCL web site in recent weeks which are not covered elsewhere in the magazine. This article has been created for the magazine - reports of the cases have been available as news items on the site for some time.
- ISO Guidance on Outsourcing 30/04/2015
Pearse Ryan and Golda Hession provide an overview
- Catt: A Different Perspective on the Supreme Court Judgment 26/04/2015
Mark Turnbull considers the implications of the Supreme Court judgment in R (Catt & T) v The Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis, especially the implications for local authorities in their data handling, and detects a diversion from the true path set by Strasbourg
- eDisclosure: The Perfect ESI Storm 23/04/2015
Deborah Blaxell examines the trends and forecasts a stormy outlook, which poses a real danger for those not properly prepared
- Transitional Services Agreements: Separation, Extraction and Cross-Licensing Issues 21/04/2015
Nick Pantlin and Miriam Everett explain that, though TSAs may seem like the ugly ducklings in major corporate transactions, they need to be treated with the same care and respect as the corporate transaction swans
- Biometric Data and Data Protection Law: the CJEU Loses the Plot 17/04/2015
Steve Peers explains and excoriates a CJEU judgment that side-steps data protection questions
- Book Review: Andrew Keen’s ‘The Internet Is Not The Answer’ 17/04/2015
Neil Brown reviews a book that takes a controversial view of the Internet
Printed from www.scl.org ( (c) The Society for Computers & Law)