Society for Computers and Law
The Society for Computers and Law is the leading UK organisation for legal professionals advising and practising within the IT sector or advising in a commercial context with a brief that includes such issues as IT, data protection and e-commerce. SCL membership extends across the globe. It is a registered educational charity.
Find out more and join now.
Our mission: SCL is the community for lawyers who understand IT and the related legal and business practice issues and provides thought leadership, best practice, education and standards in these areas.
The latest news, articles and blogs on IT law
- CG v Facebook: Privacy Protection Online (article)
- Staff Transfer Provisions in IT Contracts (article)
- Legislation Alert (blogpost)
- Can We Trust Cryptocurrencies? (article)
- Monetary Penalty Notice for Insurance Company (news story)
- Data Protection: A Bad Day in Court for Medway (article)
- Can We Keep Humans At The Heart Of Technology? (article)
- Membership Renewals and Renewing Our SCL Commitment (blogpost)
Training & Events: Conferences, podcasts and online courses
Latest training highlights
- Superintelligence – a godsend, or a doomsday device? - Monday 2 March 2015, London (event)
- Foundations of IT Law Programme: Module 9 - Renegotiation and Disputes - Thursday 12 March 2015, London. (event)
- Foundations of IT Law Programme: Module 10 - IT in a Regulated Environment - Tuesday 12 May 2015, London. (event)
- SCL IT Disputes Masterclass: Dispute Resolution Clauses in IT and Outsourcing Contracts - Wednesday 20 May 2015, London (event)
- SCL Technology Law Futures Conference 2015 - Thursday 18 and Friday 19 June 2015 (event)
- Podcast: Foundations of IT Law Programme: Module 8 - "IT Law in Corporate Transactions" (podcast)
- CPD Online: SCL Foundations of IT Law: Module 8 (cpd page)
Printed from www.scl.org ( (c) The Society for Computers & Law)