Society for Computers and Law
SCL is a registered educational charity that seeks to provide foundational and advanced training in technology law and to cultivate informed discussion about technology developments with legal ramifications and legal developments with technology ramifications.
Although UK based, SCL has an international outlook and global reach. SCL delivers its aims through a community of legal practitioners, academics and technologists focused on the law of technology and technology in law.
Find out more and join now.
The latest news, articles and blogs on IT law
- Facebook, Illegality and the E-commerce Directive (article)
- Freedom of Movement (blogpost)
- E-commerce: EC to Lower the Burdens of Cross-border Taxation (article)
- Commission Proposal for an ePrivacy Regulation (news story)
- Most Exponential Law Firms 2025 (article)
- What Happened to My Contract? (article)
- Predictions 2017.21 – Chris Dale (blogpost)
- CJEU Ruling in Data Retention Cases (news story)
- Article 29 Working Party Guidance on Data Protection Officers (news story)
Training & Events: Conferences, podcasts and online courses
Latest training highlights
- SCL Annual IT Contracts Update - Tuesday 24 January 2017 - Bristol (event)
- SOLD OUT: SCL Annual Data Protection Update - Thursday 26 January 2017, London (event)
- SCL Annual IT Contracts Update - Thursday 2 February 2017 - Leeds (event)
- SCL Annual IT Contracts Update - Wednesday 8 February 2017 - London (event)
- SCL Foundations of IT Law Programme: Module 10 - Big Data - Thursday 16 March 2017, London (event)
Printed from www.scl.org ( (c) The Society for Computers & Law)