Society for Computers and Law
The Society for Computers and Law is the leading UK organisation for legal professionals advising and practising within the IT sector or advising in a commercial context with a brief that includes such issues as IT, data protection and e-commerce. SCL membership extends across the globe. It is a registered educational charity.
Find out more and join now.
Our mission: SCL is the community for lawyers who understand IT and the related legal and business practice issues and provides thought leadership, best practice, education and standards in these areas.
The latest news, articles and blogs on IT law
- New SCL Chair's Vision for the Future (blogpost)
- Article 29 Working Party Statement re Schrems, Safe Harbour and the Privacy Shield (news story)
- GDPR: the Science – no, Art – of Pseudonymisation and Anonymisation (article)
- Killing Cloud Quickly, with GDPR…? (article)
- GDPR and the Digital Age of Consent for Online Services (article)
- Safe Harbour’s Successor? The EU-US Privacy Shield (news story)
- New Court Judgment on Intermediary Body’s Liability for User Comments (news story)
- Rights of Data Subjects under the GDPR (article)
Training & Events: Conferences, podcasts and online courses
Latest training highlights
- SCL Annual IT Contracts Update - 8 February 2016 - London (event)
- SCL Foundations of IT Law: Leeds - Module 1: Software Licensing Law and Module 2: Key Elements of an IT Contract - Thursday 25 February 2016 (event)
- Foundations of IT Law Programme: Module 4 - Internet Law and Social Media - Thursday 17 March 2016, London. (event)
- IFCLA Conference 2016 (hosted and organised by SCL) - Thursday 9 and Friday 10 June 2016, London (event)
Printed from www.scl.org ( (c) The Society for Computers & Law)