Society for Computers and Law
The Society for Computers and Law is the leading UK organisation for legal professionals advising and practising within the IT sector or advising in a commercial context with a brief that includes such issues as IT, data protection and e-commerce. SCL membership extends across the globe. It is a registered educational charity.
Find out more and join now.
Our mission: SCL is the community for lawyers who understand IT and the related legal and business practice issues and provides thought leadership, best practice, education and standards in these areas.
The latest news, articles and blogs on IT law
- The Rise of the Sharing Economy (article)
- Does New Russian Personal Data Law Ban International Business? (article)
- Vidal-Hall v Google: Milestone Court of Appeal Judgment (news story)
- Internet Streaming and Broadcasters’ Rights (news story)
- Dr Download: Apps and Wearables as Medical Devices (article)
- SCL Event Report: Foundations of IT Law Programme - Renegotiation and Disputes (news story)
- New Banks and the Challenges of Intra-group Arrangements (article)
- Why you need to care about data quality during discovery (article)
- Can We Keep Humans At The Heart Of Technology? (article)
Training & Events: Conferences, podcasts and online courses
Latest training highlights
- SSCL event: Travel Metasearch - Key legal issues for travel metasearch - Rights in data, fair competition and the web of international law: key legal issues for 2015 - Wednesday 1 April 2015 - Edinburgh (event)
- Foundations of IT Law Programme: Module 10 - IT in a Regulated Environment - Tuesday 12 May 2015, London. (event)
- SCL IT Disputes Masterclass: Dispute Resolution Clauses in IT and Outsourcing Contracts - Wednesday 20 May 2015, London (event)
- SCL Technology Law Futures Conference 2015 - Thursday 18 and Friday 19 June 2015 (event)
- Podcast: Foundations of IT Law Programme: Module 8 - "IT Law in Corporate Transactions" (podcast)
- CPD Online: SCL Foundations of IT Law: Module 8 (cpd page)
Printed from www.scl.org ( (c) The Society for Computers & Law)