Society for Computers and Law
The Society for Computers and Law is the leading UK organisation for legal professionals advising and practising within the IT sector or advising in a commercial context with a brief that includes such issues as IT, data protection and e-commerce. SCL membership extends across the globe. It is a registered educational charity.
Find out more and join now.
Our mission: SCL is the community for lawyers who understand IT and the related legal and business practice issues and provides thought leadership, best practice, education and standards in these areas.
The latest news, articles and blogs on IT law
- DSM: Proposals for New E-commerce Rules (news story)
- Is Big Data Ignoring the Rules? (article)
- SCL Event Report: Negotiating IT Contracts (news story)
- From Reservation to Resolution on ODR: A Plea for Resources on Guidance and Information (blogpost)
- Panama Papers: Implications for In-house Lawyers and Private Practice (article)
- A Meatier Taste: More IFCLA Conference Articles (blogpost)
- Humans, Machines and Regulators: FinTech in the Human-to-Human Economy and Beyond (article)
- Social Media Control: Criminal Trial (news story)
Training & Events: Conferences, podcasts and online courses
Latest training highlights
- SCL Foundations of IT Law: Leeds - Module 3: Outsourcing Law and Practice and Module 4: Internet Law and Social Media - Thursday 26 May 2016 (event)
- IFCLA Pre-Conference Drinks Reception - Wednesday 8 June 2016, London (event)
- IFCLA Conference 2016 (hosted and organised by SCL) - Thursday 9 and Friday 10 June 2016, London (event)
- SCL event: Marketing Masterclass – Is Face to Face Networking a Lost Art? - Tuesday 21 June 2016, London (event)
- Foundations of IT Law Programme: Module 6 - IT Law in Corporate Transactions - Thursday 7 July 2016, London (event)
- SCL Annual Lecture 2016: "Upgrading Justice" to be given by Professor Richard Susskind OBE - Thursday 6 October 2016, London (event)
- SCL Tech Law Futures Conference: "Advising in a time of change" - Thursday 10 November 2016, London (event)
Printed from www.scl.org ( (c) The Society for Computers & Law)