Listed below are all the new items published on the site (most recent first)
- Advocate General’s Opinion in Data Retention Cases 19/07/2016
The Opinion of the Advocate General in the conjoined cases which include the ‘Davis/Watson case’ has now been published. In sum, he thinks that you can retain if proper safeguards are in place.
- Directive on Accessibility 18/07/2016
The EU Council has now accepted the public sector web accessibility directive
- EU Antitrust Action: Anti-Google Again 14/07/2016
The EU Commission has revealed that it has sent Statements of Objections to Google alleging that its comparison shopping and advertising-related practices breach EU rules
- EU-US Privacy Shield Adopted 12/07/2016
The European Commission has launched the EU-US Privacy Shield, claiming that it provides ‘stronger protection for transatlantic data flows’. There has been immediate criticism of its effectiveness.
- Blocking Injunctions and Trade Marks: Court of Appeal Cartier Judgment 07/07/2016
The Court of Appeal has held that blocking injunctions affecting ISPs may be appropriate to protect trade mark owners.
- Digital Economy Bill Published 05/07/2016
The full text of the Digital Economy Bill was published on 5 July
- eIDAS Day 01/07/2016
A new regulation takes effect on 1 July
- Warnings on Online Resale Price Maintenance 27/06/2016
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has issued a warning letter about illegal resale price maintenance following action taken against online suppliers
- Advocate General’s Opinion on Lending of e-books 16/06/2016
In the view of Advocate General Szpunar, the lending of electronic books is comparable to the lending of traditional books. It follows that the general regime of the lending right, which provides in particular for fair remuneration for authors under the public lending exception, is applicable.
- Fundamentally Giddy: An IFCLA Conference Report 15/06/2016
David Chaplin reflects his personal reaction to the IFCLA Conference 2016 and reports on the many varied sessions
Printed from www.scl.org ( (c) The Society for Computers & Law)