Listed below are all the new items published on the site (most recent first)
- Advocate General’s Opinion on Lending of e-books 16/06/2016
In the view of Advocate General Szpunar, the lending of electronic books is comparable to the lending of traditional books. It follows that the general regime of the lending right, which provides in particular for fair remuneration for authors under the public lending exception, is applicable.
- Fundamentally Giddy: An IFCLA Conference Report 15/06/2016
David Chaplin reflects his personal reaction to the IFCLA Conference 2016 and reports on the many varied sessions
- Open Internet (EU Regulation) Regulations 2016 09/06/2016
New regulations on ‘Open Internet’ come into force on 17 June
- EDPS Opinion on Privacy Shield 31/05/2016
According to the European Data Protection Supervisor, the Privacy Shield that is intended to underpin data transfers to the USA is not adequate and a more robust and sustainable solution needed
- DSM: Proposals for New E-commerce Rules 25/05/2016
The European Commission has moved one stage on in its proposals for the Digital Single Market (DSM) and published its latest proposals
- SCL Event Report: Negotiating IT Contracts 24/05/2016
Mike Ahyow reports on the latest event in the Foundations of IT Law series (Module 5) which was held on 11 May 2016 and hosted by Osborne Clarke LLP.
- SCL Student Essay Prize 2016: Winner and Top Five 12/05/2016
SCL is pleased to announce that Lucie Audibert of LSE has won this year’s student essay prize competition
- Social Media Control: Criminal Trial 03/05/2016
A Court of Appeal judgment confronts ‘the issue of how critical fair trial protections can be extended to prevent or control communications on social media’.
- EU Commission v Google: Latest Development on Anti-trust 20/04/2016
The EU Commission has sent a Statement of Objections to Google relating to its Android operating system and applications. This is a significant step in terms of competition law proceedings.
- Proposal for a Convention on Electronic Evidence 18/04/2016
Stephen Mason is calling for involvement from fellow lawyers in the drafting of a convention on electronic evidence
Printed from www.scl.org ( (c) The Society for Computers & Law)