Listed below are all the new items published on the site (most recent first)
- Monetary Penalty: New First-tier Tribunal Ruling 17/12/2014
The First-tier Tribunal has considered an appeal against a monetary penalty imposed on an abuser of cold-calling by telephone. The tribunal supported the monetary penalty in a ruling that has wider application
- Consultation: Communications Data 11/12/2014
The Home Office has published various consultation document s relating to what it describes as ‘Communications data codes of practice: acquisition, disclosure and retention’
- Data Protection and Home CCTV 11/12/2014
According to the latest judgment of the CJEU, the Data Protection Directive applies to a video recording made with a surveillance camera installed by a person on his family home and directed towards the public footpath
- SCL Event Report: Mobile Money Masterclass 10/12/2014
Hinal Patel, Sophie Lessar and Sophie Sheldon report on the Masterclass held on 2 December at Simmons & Simmons
- SCL Event Report: International Data Transfers 05/12/2014
James Henderson reports on the meeting organised by the SCL Privacy and Data Protection Group which took place on 27 November
- Article 29 Working Party: Important New Guidance 03/12/2014
The Article 29 Working Party has issued a new Opinion on device fingerprinting and has also published a new working document on a co-operation procedure where approval is sought for standard contractual clauses.
- Software Patents: Court of Appeal Ruling 01/12/2014
In a recent judgment, the Court of Appeal has supported the refusal of a patent for a computer process
- Encyclopedia of Data Protection Revision - An opportunity for Junior Lawyers 27/11/2014
- Right to be Forgotten: Article 29 Working Party Guidelines 26/11/2014
The Article 29 Working Party has now adopted guidelines on the CJEU ruling in the Google Spain case. Most attention will be drawn to the view it expresses that the de-listing should apply to .coms and not just to EU country domains.
- Counter-Terrorism and Security Bill Published 26/11/2014
The controversial Bill and related documents are now available.
Printed from www.scl.org ( (c) The Society for Computers & Law)