Listed below are all the new items published on the site (most recent first)
- Attorney General’s Warning on Online Contempt 04/12/2013
The Attorney General is to warn Facebook and Twitter users about contempt of court
- SCL Event Report: Software Licensing Law: Foundations of IT Law – Module 1 04/12/2013
Mike Reed reports on the first in the ground-breaking series of modules in SCL’s Foundation of IT Law, an event which took place at Wragge & Co on 25 November 2013
- Further Criminal Prosecution under the DPA 03/12/2013
A GP surgery manager has been prosecuted for illegally accessing patients’ medical records
- Call for Increased Awareness on Cyber Risks 26/11/2013
The UK's top companies are not considering cyber risks in their decision-making, according to a new BIS survey
- Advocate General Approves Use of Blocking Injunctions 26/11/2013
An Advocate General’s Opinion has been published in a case seeking ECJ guidance on the use of injunctions to make ISPs block copyright infringing web sites
- Court of Appeal Judgment in SAS v WPL 21/11/2013
The Court of Appeal has dismissed the SAS appeal against the ruling of Arnold J in the High Court. But the comments on the High Court judgment and the reasoning behind it are of real interest.
- Private Investigators Convicted of Unlawfully Obtaining Personal Information 20/11/2013
Two men who ran a company that tricked organisations into revealing personal details about customers were found guilty of breaching the Data Protection Act on 20 November.
- Nominet and .uk 20/11/2013
On 20 November, Nominet announced updates on a range of new initiatives and projects.
- Information Governance Survey 14/11/2013
A report following a new survey suggests that inadequate information governance practices are putting UK companies at risk
- SRA Guidance on the Cloud 13/11/2013
The Solicitors Regulation Authority has issued guidance to law firms on the use of cloud computing
Printed from www.scl.org ( (c) The Society for Computers & Law)