Events & CPD
The SCL provides a comprehensive range of training events and resources for the practising IT lawyer.
We organise over 30 events a year, for members and non-members, complemented by our members only podcasts and online CPD courses. All this means that membership can provide the most cost effective method of meeting your annual CPD requirements.
Need a comprehensive overview of everything a practising IT lawyer should know? Take part in the SCL Foundations of IT Law Programme
SCL Online CPD scheme: Our online CPD courses are linked to webinars, podcasts and the SCL Magazine "Computers & Law". Simply read or listen, then answer the related course questions to claim accredited CPD. There is no extra cost for using our online CPD scheme - it's all part of your membership fee. Non-members join here
Our events are open to non-members but remember members receive significant discounts on the full price. There are also concessionary rates available at all SCL events for full-time students, academics and unemployed members.
Find out more, together with speakers and venue details using the links below or click here to see the full list of forthcoming events.
To read delegate feedback from previous events click here
If you're interested in hosting and/or sponsoring an SCL event and would like to read more about what's involved please click here
- SOLD OUT: SCL Data Protection Update Seminar - Wednesday 28 January 2015 - London
- SCL AGM - Wednesday 28 January 2015, London
- The Evolution and Reform of Data Protection - Wednesday 28 January 2015 - Dublin
- SSCL event: "Practical Public Procurement" - Tuesday 3 February 2015 - Edinburgh
- SCL Annual IT Contracts Update - 3 February 2015 - Leeds
Our most recently published podcasts are listed below. Some podcasts are freely available, while others are open to SCL members and UK students and UK academics only. SCL Members please note that where a podcast is accredited with CPD (as part of the SCL Online CPD scheme) the course will be marked automatically. Please logon to your SCL online account in order to take the course.
- Podcast: Foundations of IT Law Programme: Module 8 - "IT Law in Corporate Transactions"
- Podcast: SCL Mobile Money Masterclass
- Podcast: SCL Outsourcing Masterclass
- Podcast: Foundations of IT Law Programme: Module 7 - A to Z of Data Protection in the IT World
- Podcast: All the IT Law you need for 2015 - SCL Annual Conference - Thursday 9 October 2014, London.
Our online CPD courses are linked to podcasts and the SCL Magazine "Computers & Law". Simply read or listen, then answer the related course questions to claim accredited CPD. Please note that all our online courses are marked automatically (Members only). Non members please join here in order to enjoy the benefits of this scheme.
- CPD Online: December2014/January 2015 Edition of Computers & Law Magazine
- CPD Online: SCL Foundations of IT Law: Module 7
- CPD Online: October / November 2014 Edition of Computers & Law Magazine
- CPD Online: SCL Foundations of IT Law: Module 6
- CPD Online: August/September 2014 Edition of Computers & Law Magazine
Your training record
All online courses are marked automatically and your result will be immediately available to you. Each time you pass an online CPD course it is recorded on your personal page available via the My SCL link. Click below to view your full record.
Printed from www.scl.org ( (c) The Society for Computers & Law)