Events & CPD
The SCL provides a comprehensive range of training events and resources for the practising IT lawyer.
We organise over 30 events a year, for members and non-members, complemented by our members only webinars and online CPD courses. All this means that membership can provide the most cost effective method of meeting your annual CPD requirements.
Be trained....Get accredited: SCL Foundations of IT Law Programme
SCL Online CPD scheme: Our online CPD courses are linked to webinars, podcasts and the SCL Magazine "Computers & Law". Simply read or listen, then answer the related course questions to claim accredited CPD. There is no extra cost for using our online CPD scheme - it's all part of your membership fee. Non-members join here
Our events are open to non-members but remember members receive significant discounts on the full price. There are also a limited number of places available at most SCL events at a reduced rate for full-time students and SCL academic members.
Find out more, together with speakers and venue details using the links below or click here to see the full list of forthcoming events.
To read delegate feedback from previous events click here
If you're interested in hosting and/or sponsoring an SCL event and would like to read more about what's involved please click here
- The Future of Payments: Cryptocurrencies and the Law - Tuesday 29 April 2014, London
- Foundations of IT Law Programme: Module 4 - Procuring IT Goods and Services - Wednesday 14 May 2014, London.
- "IT for the Courts: Creating a Digital Future" - Lord Chief Justice to give the SCL Annual Lecture - Tuesday 20 May 2014, London
- Outsourcing “Top Ten” Issues Lists - Thursday 22 May 2014, London
- "Drafting and Negotiating Outsourcing Contracts" - SCL Irish Group Launch - Wednesday 28 May 2014, Dublin
Our most recently published podcasts are listed below. Some podcasts are freely available, while others are open to SCL members and UK students and UK academics only. SCL Members please note that where a podcast is accredited with CPD (as part of the SCL Online CPD scheme) the course will be marked automatically. Please logon to your SCL online account in order to take the course.
- Podcast: Foundations of IT Law Programme: Module 3 - Outsourcing Law and Practice
- Podcast: SCL Annual IT Contracts Update 2014
- Podcast: SCL Data Protection Update Seminar 2014
- Podcast: Foundations of IT Law Programme: Module 2 - Internet Law
- Podcast: Termination Clauses and Repudiatory Breach - Contract Law Update.
Our online CPD courses are linked to podcasts and the SCL Magazine "Computers & Law". Simply read or listen, then answer the related course questions to claim accredited CPD. Please note that all our online courses are marked automatically (Members only). Non members please join here in order to enjoy the benefits of this scheme.
- CPD Online: April/May 2014 Edition of Computers & Law Magazine
- CPD Online: SCL Annual IT Contracts Update
- CPD Online: Data Protection Update 2014
- CPD Online: February/March 2014 Edition of Computers & Law Magazine
- CPD Online: SCL Foundations of IT Law: Module 2
Your training record
All online courses are marked automatically and your result will be immediately available to you. Each time you pass an online CPD course it is recorded on your personal page available via the My SCL link. Click below to view your full record.
Printed from www.scl.org ( (c) The Society for Computers & Law)