Events & CPD
The SCL provides a comprehensive range of training events and resources for the practising IT lawyer.
We organise over 30 events a year, for members and non-members, complemented by our members only webinars and online CPD courses. All this means that membership can provide the most cost effective method of meeting your annual CPD requirements. All our training also qualifies for our IT Law accreditation schemes.
SCL Online CPD scheme: Our online CPD courses are linked to webinars, podcasts and the SCL Magazine "Computers & Law". Simply read or listen, then answer the related course questions to claim accredited CPD. There is no extra cost for using our online CPD scheme - it's all part of your membership fee. Non-members join here
Our events are open to non-members but remember members receive significant discounts on the full price. There are also a limited number of places available at most SCL events at a reduced rate for full-time students and SCL academic members.
Find out more, together with speakers and venue details using the links below or click here to see the full list of forthcoming events.
- Professor Eben Moglen to give the SSCL Annual Lecture 2013: "Innovation After Austerity: Free Software, the Cloud and the European Crisis" - Wednesday 19 June 2013 - Edinburgh
- Back to Basics: IP for IT Lawyers - Wednesday 26 June 2013 - London
- AFDIT (French Computer Law Association): "An Overview of Recent Developments in ICT Law" - Friday 28 June 2013 - Paris
- E-learning v Chalk and Talk – Where are we now? - Monday 8 July 2013 - London
- Law Via the Internet 2013 - 25-27 September 2013 - Jersey, Channel Islands
Our most recently published podcasts are listed below. Some podcasts are freely available, while others are open to SCL members and UK students and UK academics only. SCL Members please note that where a podcast is accredited with CPD (as part of the SCL Online CPD scheme) the course will be marked automatically. Please logon to your SCL online account in order to take the course.
- Podcast: Exclusion and Limitation Clauses Master Class - Thursday 18 April 2013, London
- Podcast: SCL 40th Anniversary Lecture: "Big and Open – The New Data Frontiers" given by Professor Nigel Shadbolt on Thursday 21 March 2013
- Podcast: "The Big Data Workshop" - Tuesday 5 March 2013
- podcast: SCL Data Protection Update Seminar 2013 - Wednesday 27 February 2013
- Podcast: Mr Justice Akenhead - "Technology and Dispute Resolution”- 16 January 2013
Our online CPD courses are linked to podcasts and the SCL Magazine "Computers & Law". Simply read or listen, then answer the related course questions to claim accredited CPD. Please note that all our online courses are marked automatically (Members only). Non members please join here in order to enjoy the benefits of this scheme.
- CPD Online: April / May 2013 Edition of Computers & Law Magazine
- CPD Online: Data Protection Law Update 2013
- CPD Online: Contract Law Update 2013
- CPD Online: February / March 2013 Edition of Computers & Law Magazine
- CPD Online: December 2012 / January 2013 Edition of Computers & Law Magazine
Your training record
All online courses are marked automatically and your result will be immediately available to you. Each time you pass an online CPD course it is recorded on your personal page available via the My SCL link. Click below to view your full record.
Printed from www.scl.org ( (c) The Society for Computers & Law)