Events & CPD
The SCL provides a comprehensive range of training events and resources for the practising IT lawyer.
We organise over 30 events a year, for members and non-members, complemented by our members only podcasts and online CPD courses. All this means that membership can provide the most cost effective method of meeting your annual CPD requirements.
Need a comprehensive overview of everything a practising IT lawyer should know? Take part in the SCL Foundations of IT Law Programme
SCL Online CPD scheme: Our online CPD courses are linked to webinars, podcasts and the SCL Magazine "Computers & Law". Simply read or listen, then answer the related course questions to claim accredited CPD. There is no extra cost for using our online CPD scheme - it's all part of your membership fee. Non-members join here
Our events are open to non-members but remember members receive significant discounts on the full price. There are also concessionary rates available at all SCL events for full-time students, academics and unemployed members.
Find out more, together with speakers and venue details using the links below or click here to see the full list of forthcoming events.
To read delegate feedback from previous events click here
If you're interested in hosting and/or sponsoring an SCL event and would like to read more about what's involved please click here
- SCL Foundations of IT Law: Leeds - Module 3: Outsourcing Law and Practice and Module 4: Internet Law and Social Media - Thursday 26 May 2016
- IFCLA Pre-Conference Drinks Reception - Wednesday 8 June 2016, London
- IFCLA Conference 2016 (hosted and organised by SCL) - Thursday 9 and Friday 10 June 2016, London
- SCL KM Group: “Storing the firm’s knowledge - is the document management system the right place?” - Wednesday 15 June 2016, London
- SCL event: Marketing Masterclass – Is Face to Face Networking a Lost Art? - Tuesday 21 June 2016, London
Our most recently published podcasts are listed below. Some podcasts are freely available, while others are open to SCL members and UK students and UK academics only. SCL Members please note that where a podcast is accredited with CPD (as part of the SCL Online CPD scheme) the course will be marked automatically. Please logon to your SCL online account in order to take the course.
- Podcast: Foundations of IT Law Programme: Module 5 - Negotiating IT Contracts
- Podcast: SCL Junior Lawyers' Group: Limitation Clauses Workshop
- Podcast: Foundations of IT Law Programme: Module 4 - Internet Law and Social Media
- Podcast: SCL Annual IT Contracts Update 2016
- Podcast: SCL Annual Data Protection Update Seminar 2016
Our online CPD courses are linked to podcasts and the SCL Magazine "Computers & Law". Simply read or listen, then answer the related course questions to claim accredited CPD. Please note that all our online courses are marked automatically (Members only). Non members please join here in order to enjoy the benefits of this scheme.
- CPD Online: Foundations Cycle 2, Module 4 - Internet Law and Social Media
- CPD Online: April/May 2016 Edition of Computers & Law
- CPD Online: February/March 2016 Edition of Computers & Law
- CPD Online: Foundations Cycle 2, Module 3 - Outsourcing Law and Practice
- CPD Online: December 2015/January 2016 Edition of Computers & Law
Your training record
All online courses are marked automatically and your result will be immediately available to you. Each time you pass an online CPD course it is recorded on your personal page available via the My SCL link. Click below to view your full record.
Printed from www.scl.org ( (c) The Society for Computers & Law)