Events & CPD
The SCL provides a comprehensive range of training events and resources for the practising IT lawyer.
We organise over 30 events a year, for members and non-members, complemented by our members only podcasts and online CPD courses. All this means that membership can provide the most cost effective method of meeting your annual CPD requirements.
Need a comprehensive overview of everything a practising IT lawyer should know? Take part in the SCL Foundations of IT Law Programme
SCL Online CPD scheme: Our online CPD courses are linked to webinars, podcasts and the SCL Magazine "Computers & Law". Simply read or listen, then answer the related course questions to claim accredited CPD. There is no extra cost for using our online CPD scheme - it's all part of your membership fee. Non-members join here
Our events are open to non-members but remember members receive significant discounts on the full price. There are also concessionary rates available at all SCL events for full-time students, academics and unemployed members.
Find out more, together with speakers and venue details using the links below or click here to see the full list of forthcoming events.
To read delegate feedback from previous events click here
If you're interested in hosting and/or sponsoring an SCL event and would like to read more about what's involved please click here
- SCL SW Group: "Key legal issues for tech-centric business in 2016: Office banter - the changing face of harassment and discrimination, reputation management, advertising and social media" - Tuesday 6 December 2016, Bristol
- SSCL AGM - Tuesday 6 December 2016
- SCL Foundations of IT Law Programme: Module 9 - Cloud Computing - Wednesday 18 January 2017, London
- SCL Annual IT Contracts Update - Tuesday 24 January 2017 - Bristol
- SCL Annual Data Protection Update - Thursday 26 January 2017, London
Our most recently published podcasts are listed below. Some podcasts are freely available, while others are open to SCL members and UK students and UK academics only. SCL Members please note that where a podcast is accredited with CPD (as part of the SCL Online CPD scheme) the course will be marked automatically. Please logon to your SCL online account in order to take the course.
- Podcast: "Upgrading Justice" - SCL Annual Lecture 2016 given by Professor Richard Susskind OBE FRSE
- Podcast: Foundations of IT Law Programme: Module 7 - Risk, Cyber and Computer Misuse
- Podcast: Foundations of IT Law Programme Module 6 - IT Law in Corporate Transactions
- Podcast: Foundations of IT Law Programme: Module 5 - Negotiating IT Contracts
- Podcast: SCL Junior Lawyers' Group: Limitation Clauses Workshop
Our online CPD courses are linked to podcasts and the SCL Magazine "Computers & Law". Simply read or listen, then answer the related course questions to claim accredited CPD. Please note that all our online courses are marked automatically (Members only). Non members please join here in order to enjoy the benefits of this scheme.
- CPD Online: October/November 2016 Edition of Computers & Law
- CPD Online: Foundations Cycle 2, Module 7 - Risk, Cyber and Computer Misuse
- CPD Online: August/September 2016 Edition of Computers & Law
- CPD Online: Foundations Cycle 2, Module 6 - IT Law in Corporate Transactions
- CPD Online: Foundations Cycle 2, Module 5 - Negotaiting IT Contracts
Your training record
All online courses are marked automatically and your result will be immediately available to you. Each time you pass an online CPD course it is recorded on your personal page available via the My SCL link. Click below to view your full record.
Printed from www.scl.org ( (c) The Society for Computers & Law)