This page advertises opportunities currently available in IT law and technology
ou can advertise an opening here by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertising fees are £150 + VAT for the website only and £250 + VAT for inclusion on the website and in the SCL weekly newsletter.
See below for the latest opportunities:
Senior Legal Editor, Practical Law Commercial, Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters are seeking a commercial law practitioner (e.g., solicitor, barrister, legal executive) to join the Practical Law Commercial team in the UK.
Practical Law is a leading online know-how service providing rigorous, peer-reviewed resources, including practice notes, standard documents and current awareness, to help legal professionals work smarter and advise with confidence. Practical Law is part of Thomson Reuters, one of the world’s most trusted providers of answers across law, tax, compliance, government and media.
About the Role:
As a senior editor in Practical Law Commercial, you will use your specialist legal knowledge of commercial contracts to provide and maintain a wide range of Practical Law content. Working in a supportive team of highly experienced colleagues, you will deal with a breadth of interesting legal and editorial work including:
- Analysing the latest legal, regulatory and policy developments, deciding which items to cover and to what extent
- Creating new and maintaining existing materials spanning a variety of formats
- Commissioning, reviewing and editing content written internally and externally
- Answering legal questions submitted by subscribers daily through the Ask service
- Meeting with external customers and industry experts to maintain and build understanding of the latest trends and pressures commercial law and practice
In addition to this, a Senior Editor will assist:
- With marketing the Practical Law Commercial practice area and engaging with subscribers
- The wider Thomson Reuters team (including Sweet & Maxwell, Lawtel and Westlaw), liaising with sales, marketing product management, technology and segment functions where necessary
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Substantial post qualification experience (England & Wales) in either a law firm, in-house or at the bar
- A demonstrable interest and ability in writing
- In-depth understanding of contract law
- Knowledge of some, not necessarily all, of the following areas: supply of goods/services, distribution, outsourcing, agency, consumer, franchising and advertising/marketing
What’s in it For You?
You will join Thomson Reuters inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- Culture: Globally recognised and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; company-wide Mental Health Days Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
- Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world
For full details of the role, including how to apply, please follow the link: https://careers.thomsonreuters.com/us/en/job/JREQ168821/Senior-Legal-Editor-Practical-Law-Commercial