This page advertises opportunities currently available in IT law and technology
You can advertise an opening here by contacting email@example.com or telephoning SCL HQ on 0117 904 1242.
Advertising fees are £100 + VAT for the website only and £200 + VAT for inclusion on the website and in the SCL weekly newsletter.
Here's the current opportunities:
Preiskel & Co LLP is a specialist TMT City law firm advising on corporate, commercial, litigation and regulatory matters.
The firm’s growing TMT and commercial team is now seeking a junior commercial associate at 0-2 PQE or equivalent with prior commercial law experience, ideally gained at a City law firm.
The diet of work for this position is quite broad, encompassing drafting and negotiating IT and telecoms agreements, data protection advice (GDPR) and general regulatory advice. The candidates should at least have experience in drafting and negotiating IT and other commercial agreements.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate excellent communication skills, written and verbal skills in English and the ability to present technical advice in a clear and concise manner. Foreign language skills are welcome but are not a must.
Education and Qualifications:
English Solicitor or a foreign qualified lawyer (qualified from a common law jurisdiction or otherwise with legal working experience in the UK) with a strong academic record.
Interested candidates, please email Leonor Morais at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Senior Legal Counsel & Legal Counsel
Department: Media, Marketing & IP (Digital Products, Big Data and Innovation)
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
Are stuffy suits leaving you stifled? Is the Board Room starting to feel a bit like the Bored Room? Then show us your true colours: switch out that dim grey for a brighter hue and join the mobile industry’s most exciting brand.
Three’s Digital team is on a journey of unprecedented growth and diversification, powered by digital platforms, customer data, new ways of using products and services and disruptive propositions. Digital @Three powers Three’s new digital businesses in areas such as targeted advertising, digital content strategy, digital partnerships, big data products, the internet of things, payments and more besides. The worlds of content, shopping, apps, devices, connectivity, insight and digital marketing are converging like never before. And our legal team is at the heart of it, understanding risks and opportunities and thinking creatively to support delivery of a range of digital products and big data propositions. But that’s not all. Because everything we do, we do with our customers in mind, so you’ll not just be advising on approaches to contractual liability or regulatory compliance, you’ll be helping design how we bring products to life in customers’ hands.
If you’re a talented, personable and versatile and experienced technology lawyer then we’d like to hear from you. We are looking for a high calibre individual with broad experience of licensing of digital platforms, advising on big data and bringing new B2C and B2B products to market, negotiating technology contracts where data protection and intellectual property ownership and/or licensing are key. Experience of payments, ad-tech and telecoms also helpful, but not essential.
We have an excellent, high calibre, engaged and collaborative team. Lawyers are highly regarded within the business and an essential part of key projects. You won’t just be advising on risks, you’ll be rolling your sleeves up and figuring out how to manage them in the real world. So as well as being a great lawyer, you’ll need to be a confident communicator and collaborator, making complexity accessible and adapting as circumstances change.
At Three we have a market leading employee engagement scores with an aspiration of being the best loved brand by our people by 2021. That’s why we offer a great work-life balance, a culture where all our staff are encouraged to develop and grow and a market leading holiday and benefits package including car allowance and bonus. Based in our offices in Maidenhead (right by the station, 35 minutes from Paddington) you’ll also be meeting with digital and marketing agencies in London and our Group head office in Battersea.
You’ll be part of a broader team of legal, procurement, government affairs, corporate communications and economist professionals dealing with topical issues such as Net Neutrality and the future of the Internet, customer remedies, new network technology and intermediary liability.
These are key strategic roles driving our digital business and would suit experienced city lawyers with at least 5 years post qualified experience seeking a fresh challenge in a fast-growing yet financially stable technology company. There is great potential to make your mark at Three and become a leader in the business.
To find out more email Amy.Brodie@three.co.uk
Commercial Technology Solicitor (1–3PQE)
37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday 9am to 5.30pm)
About Gregg Latchams:
Gregg Latchams offers a comprehensive range of legal services to businesses and individuals based around its Bristol and London offices.
The company is ambitious and progressive with strong vision and growth strategies and is recognised for its innovative approach to the development of legal practice.
As long established Bristol solicitors, with roots dating back to the 1690s, the company is large enough to be a key player in the marketplace whilst still maintaining a family feeling for employees.
Gregg Latchams is located in the centre of Bristol in the beautiful Queen Square. The company’s Bristol offices are currently being fully refurbished. The London office is based in Manchester Square.
Gregg Latchams offers exciting opportunities to motivated individuals who share our vision. The company is looking to attract and retain the most talented people in the fields in which it specialises and to create an environment in which they can flourish personally and professionally and progress based on their contribution, commitment and merit.
The company is bringing a new way of looking at the client relationship through corporate work, where a broad perspective focused on where value can best be added is encouraged and through commercial work where, under the firm’s In House Lawyer service, lawyers are encouraged to take a pro-active and creative part in helping clients to address their business legal requirements.
About the role
This role is to undertake work for clients within the firm’s Digital Media & Technology sector. In addition to assisting with general commercial matters, the individual will advise on:
• software development, hosting, licensing, reselling, maintenance and support agreements;
• hardware, OEM and VAR agreements;
• technology platform agreements, terms and conditions;
• IT procurement and outsourcing projects;
• intellectual property law in the technology sector;
• data protection law in the technology sector;
• general regulatory law in the technology sector; and
• IT and IP matters in the context or corporate transactions.
• Conduct of matters on behalf of clients in commercial law, technology law and related matters.
• Assist with supervision of fee-earning work undertaken by junior colleagues.
• Management of support services for which you are responsible, including supervision of secretary.
• Supporting the firm’s In House Lawyer service activities.
• Proactively and creatively taking actions to support clients’ business legal requirements.
• Maintaining orderly and up-to-date files including electronically and complying with the Company’s policies on file management.
• Completing time recording and other management records required by the Company.
• Cross-referring work and clients within the Company.
• Ensuring compliance is adhered to in all activities including Lexcel compliance.
• Financial control with particular regard to cash flow through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
• Complying with the Company’s policies in the undertaking of its duties and assisting the directors and staff in achieving a smooth and prompt throughput of work.
• Supporting the successful development of the Company in line with its overall objectives including client care.
• Participating in marketing activities and cross referral work whether on a firm wide, departmental or office basis.
• Using and assisting in the development of relevant IT and case management systems for your department.
• Complying with the relevant Solicitors Accounts Rules and Solicitors Code of Conduct along with the Money laundering Regulations Firm/Solicitor Regulation Authority Guidance.
• Identifying and meeting your job related training and development.
• Any other matters reasonably required by the Directors.
• Qualified solicitor (expectation 1-3yrs qualified)
• Experience in Commercial Law: Technology, TMT, IT preferred
• Must be willing to participate in the growth and future development of the department, building up the client base and marketing the Company’s services.
• An excellent knowledge of contracts, research and drafting skills and a good working knowledge of relevant regulations.
• Knowledge of company and contract law with a track record of assisting M&A deals.
• Experience of complex, high-value IT procurement and/or outsourcing projects.
• Demonstrable entrepreneurial flair and creative methodology.
• A confident approach and capability to deal with difficult situations, remaining robust under pressure.
• An enjoyment of being involved in marketing and business development activities.
• Ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines whilst always ensuring high standards of quality and accuracy.
• Smart in appearance and manner.
• Self-motivated and clear thinking and able to carry out case work accurately and with minimal supervision.
• Strong communication skills both written and oral at all levels with clients, staff and others.
• Ability to work within a team.
• Ability to work with minimal administrative assistance
Gregg Latchams is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion within the firm. The company is committed to tackling all forms of discrimination and ensuring that our staff and everyone that we deal with is treated equally and fairly, and with dignity and respect.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact Jennifer Bennett in the first instance by emailing email@example.com
Job Title: Legal Advisor, Technology (Fixed Term Contract)
Department: Group Legal
Division: Group Legal
Location: Oxford - Central
Reference number: 21982
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide. OUP is the world's largest university press, publishes thousands of new publications a year, has offices in over 50 countries, and employs over 7,000 people worldwide. It has become familiar to millions through a diverse publishing programme that includes scholarly works in all academic disciplines, bibles, music, school and college textbooks, children's books, materials for teaching English as a foreign language, business books, dictionaries and reference books, and academic journals.
About the role
OUP is looking for an exceptional non-contentious commercial/technology lawyer to join its Group Legal function in Oxford.
Technology is at the heart of OUP’s global and digital agenda, and this role offers interesting and challenging work.
This fixed term role will report into the General Counsel – Technology and will provide support to technology teams globally across the whole of OUP. The role will provide cover while a member of the Technology legal team is on maternity leave. The duration of the fixed term will initially be 6 months but the selected candidate will ideally be able to extend the contract for up to 6 further months if required. Part time/flexible working will be considered.
Responsibilities will include:
To succeed in this role, you will need to be a UK qualified solicitor with at least 3 year’s relevant post qualification experience; ideally gained both in-house and in private practice. Further requirements are set out below.
Salary dependent on skills and experience
How to Apply
Please visit the OUP website to submit your application: https://eu1.advorto.com/OUP/VacancyInformation.aspx?VId=21982
Closing date: 18/10/2017
We are looking for enthusiastic, smart and capable lawyers to join our team in London. Please get in touch if you have commercial and technology experience, ideally gained partly in-house or on client secondment. Financial services and regulatory experience a definite bonus. Commercial acumen as well as legal expertise are essential attributes for our lawyers.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow and maintain long-term client relationships while working closely with clients’ in-house teams. Our client base includes global investment and commercial banks, insurers, asset managers and hedge funds.
Bortstein Legal Group (www.blegalgroup.com) was founded in New York in 2008 and in London in 2014. With approximately 30 lawyers, our law firm is a market leader in the negotiation of technology, sourcing, market data, cloud and general commercial contracts.
Please contact Benjamin Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and to apply
Bortstein Legal Group is a professional limited liability company organized in the United States under the laws of the State of New York, the laws of which limit the personal liability of members. Bortstein LLP is separate but affiliated entity and is a limited liability partnership incorporated in England and Wales with number OC389820 and is regulated and authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (www.sra.org.uk) (SRA number 611941). Bortstein LLP does not currently offer training contracts.
Legal Advisor / In-house lawyer
BTL successfully supplies the largest and most prestigious Awarding Bodies in the country with its high-end software solution “Surpass” which delivers millions of exams each year. Our technology provides our customers with intuitive assessment software for both onscreen and paper delivery and draws on over 30 years’ worth of experience in the industry. BTL has launched a much lower cost SaaS solution and has ambitious worldwide sales plans. This in-house lawyer will enable us to cope with the increased legal workload associated with multiple contract negotiations. www.btl.com
The Legal Advisor is responsible for tracking the progress of contract negotiations and providing legal advice to BTL colleagues. This is notably to our sales team, but advice will be provided to all teams across the organisation. You will assess contract clauses and weigh up the legal considerations, before providing alternative solutions and making recommendations on the best course of action. This is a managerial and decision-making role.
You will ensure continuity in the delivery of services to internal colleagues as well as to external clients and third parties.
Negotiate, draft and advise on SaaS contract clauses (e.g. liability clauses). Assess Intellectual Property (IP) clauses, utilising experience in IT / software licensing contracts to take into account IP considerations. Utilise knowledge of SLAs, penalty clauses and provide advice on acceptability of clauses, when to omit clauses, when to augment clauses to provide the requisite levels of protection. Provide advice on Compliance and Standards issues, such as GDPR, ISO27001, SOC 2.
Candidates will have at least 3 years’ experience as an IT/IP commercial contract lawyer, ideally with in-house experience, as well as several years working within a law firm.
To apply for this role, please submit:
• Cover Letter highlighting relevant experience
• Current CV
5:00pm Friday 28th April. Please send all applications to Andrew.email@example.com with a subject line of Job Application: “Job title” ”month/year”.
Opportunity for Senior Associate or Partner to join progressive and fast-growing Technology Law firm, building expertise in data protection and cybersecurity
Are you looking for a successful legal career but feel put off by the “big law firm” route? Are you an expert in IT, data privacy and cybersecurity work? Do you pride yourself on being self-motivated, entrepreneurial and courageous? Do you want to join a progressive, innovative and fast-growing Technology practice as a Senior Associate or Partner? And share in the benefits as part of the team? If so, we'd like to hear from you.
This is a young, innovative practice which has designed its platform, processes and business model to support smart working and independence for the right kind of Partners and Associates. It has grown steadily and with the profile of technology, cybersecurity and data privacy work increasing, we have the experience, expertise and ambition to treble this turnover in the next 3 years.
The candidate should have strong commercial law firm (London or Regional), or senior in-house, experience and a proven track record in technology law (ICT/Data Privacy/Cybersecurity), ideally with some client following – if not, the proven ability, confidence and appetite to generate new work, independently or with support.
Remuneration will be competitive – based on salary plus bonuses subject to performance milestones.
Working at ClaydenLaw
The firm, recognised by Chambers and Partners, is unashamedly niche – it only provides ICT, data protection, cybersecurity, commercial and IP legal services. Run as a limited company, it has operated very successfully for the last 7 years with minimal overheads, outsourcing all non-legal support functions. Turnover and profits have grown steadily since its inception.
The current team is made up of the founder, Piers Clayden, and 2 assistants (one is a data privacy specialist and the other a more general technology/commercial lawyer) –.
Some of the benefits of working at a smaller firm like ClaydenLaw include:
- Working in an informal, friendly and human environment with no politics and no egos
- A highly flexible working culture where work/life balance is valued
- Potential for more rapid advance to partnership and ownership in the firm
- The opportunity to build a well-respected firm and to say “I helped do that”
- The chance to shape the firm’s processes and management, and to learn more about the running a small, fast-growth firm
To achieve national recognition as a credible, preferable alternative to mid-market law firms in our chosen area of technology, data privacy and cybersecurity expertise. We are doing this by continuing to bring creative thought and great service to our work with cutting edge clients.
If you think this is something you would like to investigate further, please email Piers Clayden at firstname.lastname@example.org